Under the direction of the Director of Sales, this individual will be responsible to provide oversight and direction to the Catering and Conventions department. This individual will be responsible for budgeted sales and profit in all catering areas while at the same time ensuring a quality group and/or guest encounter.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts themselves in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, and Seminole Tribe of Florida/departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures the Catering department meets projected sales goals.
- Prepare department budget and manage department costs, updating budget if operational forecasts change significantly.
- Oversee and support the functions of the managers in the preparation, planning, and servicing of their accounts.
- Continually evaluates each piece of business to ensure maximum revenue is generated.
- Participates in the controlling of costs of goods sold.
- Conduct and attend all catering/convention services on BEO meeting.
- Works closely with the casino and special events department on hotel/casino functions to ensure successful events.
- Maximizes room rental charges for non-food and beverage generated business.
- Communicates all information pertinent to each sales and catering group business.
- Ensures quality of food and service in the Catering Department meets the high standards that have been established.
- Participates in community activities to introduce the Catering Department ensuring proper procedures are followed resulting in efficient operation of each department.
- Promotes positive guest/employee relations.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Other assignments as directed.
Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Food Service Management or equivalent is preferred with five to seven years of Catering and Convention experience in a large, up-scale, high volume, multi-outlet hotel environment or an equivalent combination of education.
- Must have proficient computer skills including but not limited to: Delphi (preferred) and Microsoft office – Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have highly developed guest service skills and strong attention to detail.