Responsible for the repairs, maintenance, upkeep and replacement of the property's systems in accordance with hotel standards. Will also assist in other areas of Engineering as assigned.
• Minimum two years’ experience as a commercial carpenter, commercial electrician, commercial maintenance, commercial plumber, or plant operations.
• Basic working knowledge of building maintenance, electrical, plumbing and refrigeration equipment.
• Working knowledge of repair and maintenance regarding: health codes; plumbing codes; plant equipment; electrical codes; architectural codes; structural codes; blue prints and wiring/plumbing schematics; building code improvement; mechanical and electrical/safety systems construction; national/local fire codes; proper chemical handling and disposal; power and hand tools, meters, etc. as it relates to the technical trades; local mechanical codes; OSHA codes and best practices.
• Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guest, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
• Ability to provide legible written communication. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to interpret manufacturer’s literature for installation, preparation, use and upkeep of various materials and products used throughout the property.