The Greater Fort Lauderdale LGBT Chamber of Commerce was founded in 2011. We are a fully independent chamber of commerce, affiliated with the NGLCC - National LGBT Chamber of Commerce, based in Washington, DC. Our goals, mission and purpose are straightforward. Now more than ever, we are here to support our member businesses and the community we serve.
To promote business and economic opportunities for the LGBT and LGBT-friendly community. To be an advocate and resource for all member businesses that promote equality. To promote tourism with a unified approach by working with appropriate and related organizations.
What we do:
- Partner with local LGBT organizations and the NGLCC - National LGBT Chamber of Commerce, as well as with businesses wishing to make stronger outreach to the Greater Fort Lauderdale LGBT community.
- Assist in promoting LGBT and LGBT friendly business throughout Greater Fort Lauderdale
- Promote the NGLCC - National LGBT Chamber of Commerce Supplier Diversity Initiative (SDI) as a business tool to make connections and open doors with America's top corporations and each other
- Work with local, statewide and national corporate partners to bring sponsorship dollars to the Greater Fort Lauderdale LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Advocate on LGBT business issues & initiatives by aligning with strategic partners
- Work with local LGBT tourism initiatives and operate the Greater Fort Lauderdale LGBT+ Visitor Center
- Assist in the development of local LGBT business education programs